Before applying for the festival please read the following information!
To complete the application you will be asked to provide:
- Your recent photo (head-shot) in jpg format (max. 1MB). You will have an option to resize and crop the photo to adjust it to the size of a badge.
- A scan of your passport (page with your date of birth) in jpg format (max. 2MB). Make sure your data on the scan is readable.
- Upload a video recording of your performance (2 pieces different styles with at least 15 min. total duration) to Youtube or another storage site. You will be prompted to provide the internet link. Please, check the link and quality of your recording in advance. Your videos MUST be available online until July 29, 2020.
In order for us to process your application, you need to register a Semper Music account, fill in the Participant Application Form and submit US$150 nonrefundable application fee (US$185 after April 10, 2020). Upon your acceptance you will need to pay the tuition fees. Find more information under Tuition and Fees.
Following acceptance, provide your performance repertoire using the online Performance Repertoire Form by March 7, 2020. We accept NO changes of your performance repertoire after this date. You won’t be able to participate in the festival performances if you have not submitted your performance repertoire by the deadline.
|February 15, 2020:||Application deadline, non-refundable application/ competition fee due. After April 10, 2020, a late application fee of $185 applies.|
|March 1, 2020:||Notification of acceptance.|
|March 7, 2020:||(1) Tuition due.
(2) Submission of your performance repertoire due.
(3) Second round competition repertoire due from everyone who submitted an application for competition.
|April 1, 2020:||Notification of competition first round results.|
|May 15, 2020:||Notification of solo, chamber music and collaborative assignments.|
|June 01, 2020:||Submission of arrival and departure information (airport, date, time, flight no.) due.|
|July 14, 2020:||Arrival day|
|July 29, 2020:||Departure day|
Tuition & Fees
- Application fee: $150 (nonrefundable)
- Late application fee (after April 10, 2020): $185 (nonrefundable)
- Competition fee: $150 (nonrefundable)
- Tuition incl. accommodation category A: $3500
- Tuition incl. accommodation category B: $3200
- Festival package for family member/ spouse incl. accommodation category A: $2900
- Festival package for family member/ spouse incl. accommodation category B: $2200
- Additional instrumental/ vocal class: $800
- International Competition for piano, strings and voice
- Five private lessons
- Chamber music coaching (except conducting students)
- Daily masterclasses
- Tuition covers participation in the festival program, accommodation, and board. (3 meals a day) except on excursion days
- Accommodations for students are in a guest house at a conference center
- Transportation from/to the Munich & Milan-Malpensa Airports on arrival and departure dates, July 14 and 29, 2020) (Note: this is an extra fee)
- Trip to the Augustinian Abbey of Neustift, one of the most important monasteries in Tyrol, with its unique baroque church, famous Gothic panel paintings, medieval frescoes from the 14th century and a library with precious manuscripts.
- Guided Brixen city tour includes architectural highlights of the oldest town in Tyrol: Bishop’s Palace, Hofburg; Doumo di Bressanone, one of Italy’s most incredible cathedrals; famous arcades; White Tower of St. Michael parish church and more.
- Cable car ride with panoramic views to the Mount Plose and a hiking/ walking tour leading over flower meadows, green alpine pastures and shady woods.
- Day trip to Venice (optional). A day trip to a romantic city of Venice will be offered in addition to the program.
We accept payment of application and competition fees by certified check or money order from a US bank, Western Union or PayPal (see PayPal button under Payment in your Semper Music account). Payments must be in US$, made payable to:
SEMPER Music Inc.
P.O. Box 79927
Houston, TX 77279
Always include your Application Reference Number when paying. You find it on top of the application summary email.
Tuition, additional class fees and festival packages may be paid ONLY by certified check or money order from a US bank, wire transfer or Western Union. For information on wiring your payments or Western Union transfer contact email@example.com.
Submit only pieces that will be well prepared for the public performances at the festival. The admission committee will select participants to perform a part of their submitted repertoire in festival recitals. Participants accepted into the program need to submit their performance/concert repertoire by March 7, 2020 using the Performance/Concert Repertoire form on the festival website under your Semper Music account. If your repertoire is not submitted by this date, you will not be able to participate in the festival recitals.
- Solo pieces shall be memorized.
- Piano concertos may not be a part of your performance repertoire.
- No repertoire changes will be accepted after March 15, 2020 without a $250 fee for each change!
- You may study additional repertoire in your private lessons.
- We will make every effort to consider your chamber music preferences; however, the admission committee will make the final decision.
Please, do not fill in the online performance repertoire form if you have selected the option “I do not wish to perform” in your application.
Please, contact your local Italian consulate for visa requirements! Depending on the country, the visa application process might take long time. If your local Italian consulate requires additional documentation besides an invitation letter, please inform us in advance so we can assist you with your visa application.
We require participants to stay at the Semper Music International Festival location for the whole period of the festival.
If your travel arrangements do not allow you to use the festival shuttle bus from and to Milan/Malpensa and Munich airports on July 14th and 29th, 2020, respectively, you will be responsible for your travel (including travel costs) to/from the festival location.
Cancellations made by written request and received prior to March 21, 2020 will be entitled to a full refund of tuition (less $50 processing fee). Cancellations made after March 21, 2020 are not entitled to a refund.
A limited number of scholarships/ partial scholarships are available to qualified students. If you are interested in applying, you must send a letter requesting a scholarship to firstname.lastname@example.org. You need to submit your online application before applying for a scholarship. Only scholarship requests received in writing by February 15, 2020 will be considered. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of recording evaluation.
All Semper Music International Festival participants are required to have medical insurance coverage valid in Italy for the period from July 14 to July 29, 2018.