Before applying for the festival please read the following information!
To complete the application you will be asked to provide:
- Your recent photo (head-shot) in jpg format (max. 1MB). You will have an option to resize and crop the photo to adjust it to the size of a badge.
- A scan of your passport (page with your date of birth) in jpg format (max. 2MB). Make sure your data on the scan is readable.
- Upload a video recording of your performance (2 pieces different styles with at least 15 min. total duration) to Youtube or another storage site. You will be prompted to provide the internet link. Please, check the link and quality of your recording in advance. Your videos MUST be available online until July 24, 2017.
In order for us to process your application, you need to register a Semper Music account, fill in the Participant Application Form and submit US$135 nonrefundable application fee (US$185 after April 10, 2017). Upon your acceptance you will need to pay the tuition fees. Find more information under Tuition and Fees.
Following acceptance, provide your performance repertoire using the online Performance Repertoire Form by April 24, 2017. We accept NO changes of your performance repertoire after this date. You won’t be able to participate in the festival performances if you have not submitted your performance repertoire by the deadline.
|April 10, 2017:||Application deadline, non-refundable application/ competition fee due. After April 10, 2017, a late application fee of $185 applies.|
|April 17, 2017:||Notification of acceptance.
Notification of competition first round results.
|April 24, 2017:||Tuition due.
Submission of your performance repertoire due.
Second round competition repertoire due (only for participants selected for second round)
|May 15, 2017:||Notification of solo, chamber music and collaborative assignments.|
|June 01, 2017:||Submission of arrival and departure information (airport, date, time, flight no.) due.|
|July 05, 2017:||Arrival day|
|July 24, 2017:||Departure day|
Tuition & Fees
- Application fee: $135 (nonrefundable)
- Late application fee (after April 10, 2017): $185 (nonrefundable)
- Competition fee: $105 (nonrefundable)
- Tuition incl. accommodation category A: $3290
- Tuition incl. accommodation category B: $2990
- Festival package for family member/ spouse incl. accommodation category A: $2090
- Festival package for family member/ spouse incl. accommodation category B: $1890
- Additional instrumental/ vocal class: $800
- 6 private lessons
- Chamber music coaching (except conducting students)
- Master classes
- Italian and German language classes
- Accommodation at a hotel (categories A or B)
- Full board (3 meals a day) except on excursion days
- Bus transfer from the airports Milan and Munich to the Festival location, Voels am Schlern, on July 5 and back on July 24, 2017
We accept payment of application and competition fees by certified check or money order from a US bank, Western Union or PayPal (see PayPal button under Payment in your Semper Music account). Payments must be in US$, made payable to:
SEMPER Music Inc.
P.O. Box 79927
Houston, TX 77279
Always include your Application Reference Number when paying. You find it on top of the application summary email.
Tuition, additional class fees and festival packages may be paid ONLY by certified check or money order from a US bank, wire transfer or Western Union. For information on wiring your payments or Western Union transfer contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit only pieces that will be well prepared for the public performances at the festival. The admission committee will select participants to perform a part of their submitted repertoire in festival recitals. Participants accepted into the program need to submit their performance repertoire by April 24, 2017 using the Performance Repertoire form on the festival website under your Semper Music account. If your repertoire is not submitted by this date, you will not be able to participate in the festival recitals.
- Solo pieces shall be memorized.
- Piano concertos may not be a part of your performance repertoire.
- No repertoire changes will be accepted after April 24, 2017!
- You may study additional repertoire in your private lessons.
- We will make every effort to consider your chamber music preferences; however, the admission committee will make the final decision.
Please, do not fill in the online performance repertoire form if you have selected the option “I do not wish to perform” in your application.
Please, contact your local Italian consulate for visa requirements! Depending on the country, the visa application process might take long time. If your local Italian consulate requires additional documentation besides an invitation letter, please inform us in advance so we can assist you with your visa application.
We require participants to stay at the Semper Music International Festival location for the whole period of the festival.
If your travel arrangements do not allow you to use the festival shuttle bus from and to Milan/Malpensa and Munich airports on July 5th and 24th, 2017, respectively, you will be responsible for your travel (including travel costs) to/from the festival location.
Cancellations made by written request and received prior to May 07, 2017 will be entitled to a full refund of tuition (less $50 processing fee). Cancellations made after May 07, 2017 are not entitled to a refund.
A limited number of scholarships/ partial scholarships are available to qualified students. If you are interested in applying, you must send a letter requesting a scholarship to email@example.com. You need to submit your online application before applying for a scholarship. Only scholarship requests received in writing by April 10, 2017 will be considered. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of recording evaluation.
All Semper Music International Festival participants are required to have medical insurance coverage valid in Italy for the period from July 5 to July 24, 2017.